Being a continuous customer and purchasing pricey hair care products can be a daunting task and also drain your pockets to no end. The products that women pay the most for, are hair care products, specifically conditioners. On average women spend over $ 10,000 a year on products for their hair and in most cases, a third of that number are wasted by women who are searching for the right products that have the best results for dry damaged hair. As consumers, we are persuaded to believe that only store bought products will treat our hair issues, when in fact we have a slew of ingredients in our own homes that can treat and repair damaged or dry hair more effectively. Want to know which ingredients are most effective? Team Fluff has got you covered. Here are the top five ingredients in your home that will help you with curing your dry hair issues.
1. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is considered nature’s magical serum that is good for just about any and everything, including serving as a wonderful leave in treatment for dry hair. The application of coconut oil is just as easy as 1-2-3. Apply to hair and leave in for 4-6 hours and rinse.
Another alternative for the use of Coconut Oil is creating a Coconut Lavender Conditioner made from the following.
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
1 cup of organic coconut oil
Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl and warm in the microwave on high for 2-3 minutes and place in a plastic container to cool for use.
2. Eggs - Although this is not the most smell friendly approach to hair conditioning, it does work wonders for conditioning hair. Mix two eggs with half cup of olive oil. Stir the mixture and apply to your hair, leave in for an hour and rinse.
When trying to solve issues regarding dandruff, the following egg and vinegar hair mask will work its magic and make all your dry scalp worries disappear.
Beat one egg in a bowl and mix it with 1 table spoon of vinegar and olive oil. Apply it on your hair roots and strands using a brush. Let it stay for minimum 45 minutes and wash with shampoo and rinse. No additional conditioning needed.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – A very effective remedy for dry hair, apply Apple Cider Vinegar to a cotton ball and gently pat to the roots of your hair, let sit for 5 minutes and rinse.
If you are looking to cleanse your hair of excess oils and buildup , Apple Cider Vinegars serves as the perfect hair clarifier .
Mix a 8 oz water bottle with half Apple Cider Vinegar and the other half with water. Rinse your hair with the mixture and leave in your hair for 5 minutes and rinse.
4. Yogurt – Another remedy for dry brittle hair that you will need to combine with Apple Cider Vinegar and place on hair as a mask for 15 minutes and rinse.
If frizz is a problem you deal with, yogurt is also great for eliminating frizz and making your hair more manageable.
5. Avocado – Also used as mask for conditioning, Avocado used with Apple Cider Vinegar and olive oil will serve as the perfect hydrant and detangler for unmanageable and dry hair.
Avocado is a fantastic remedy for hair loss and can help your roots maintain its elasticity to avoid breakage.
All of these all-natural ingredients will be sure to keep your mane smooth and shiny and are some of the best options aside from the chemically infused store bought products that don’t always to the trick.