Your wedding day is one most momentous occasions of your life and you’ve put an enormous amount of effort in making sure that your big day goes off without a hitch. You’ve slimmed down to fit into your dress, gone to more hair and makeup appointments than you’d like to admit in preparation to look the best you’ve looked in years. The wedding arrives and you have a day you’ve always dreamed of. The only unfortunate thing about the entire day was that it didn’t last long enough and you think about all the prep you did for a day; be it harmonious, it just flew by. Thank goodness you have the honeymoon to look forward to. The honeymoon is often times the most overlooked part of all of the wedding festivities but usually the most enjoyable, as it allows you to decompress and seal the deal for your happily ever after.
As a newlywed you want to relax and enjoy this new found time as spouses, while igniting the flame of love that you want to carry on from here on out. Now that all of the ceremonious hoopla is over, you can kick back and relax with bae while still maintaining an effortless radiance which will serve as an easy reminder of what got them hooked in the first place.
Here are the top 5 must-have to ensure you look your best on your honeymoon without try too hard.
1. No matter the destination of your honey moon skin is always in… Carry a BB cream or tinted moisturizer to maintain a health yet subtle glow throughout the day and top it off with the recommended 30 SPF or higher sun block.
2. If you are on an island or jet-set to Paris, easy hair is always a good idea on a honeymoon. Leave the hot curlers and teasing comb at home. A small flat iron is a must and will help settle that bead head that you hope to have. Finish off your straight look with a strengthening serum by Design Essentials to keep you hair shiny and strong whether you're on the slopes or laying in the sun.
3. Coconut oil is the perfect go-to for pretty much any destination; if you’re on the beach you have your body oil, face moisturizer and lip balm all-in-one. For cooler climates, this oil is the perfect body/ hair moisturizer and eye serum to de-puff those tired eyes. When honeymooning in the caribbean or on the beach, having a moisture filled shampoo and conditioner is a must. Using Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Shampoo and Conditioner is the sure way to keep your hair silky-smooth while enjoying watersports and fun in the sun.
4. Although you are taking it easy on the full face of makeup on your honeymoon, it is a good idea to bring an easy all-in-one lip and cheek palette for a quick rouge of your cheeks and lips.
5. Smell goods are always essential, but finding one for this occasion, it’s important to keep things interesting and introducing your mate to a scent that is sure to set off their sensations in a stimulating way.