Don't let this winter leave your hair dull and lifeless. Winter can be brutal on your tresses; going from extreme cold outside to high temperatures indoors can strip moisture. Revive the luster in your hair by using a semi-permanent clear glaze to give your strands more shine.
Most glazes are ammonia free, which means little stress to your own hair. The best thing about this treatment is that it revives your hair without the build up oil based products create. Glazes are great to use on hair that has been colored as well as extensions! In fact, any extension that has been lifted should be followed by a glaze. Ask your stylist for a glaze during your next appointment.
Check out these Fluff approved glazes!
The glaze will certainly give your hair a luster boost, but here a few more tips to avoid a hair drought.
1. Drink lots of water. We are 70% water. Don't underestimate the power of this necessity.
2. Do you receive a smoothing treament? Don't over do it. Smoothing systems pack your hair with protein and doing this too often is guaranteed to dry out your hair.
3. Go sulfate free. Try Indique Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Indique's shampoo and conditioner are hydrating and infused with French Argan Oil. It was formulated to improve manageability and softness. The shampoo gently cleanses without drying hair; replenishes vital moisture; and maximizes shine.The deep penetrating conditioner may be used daily and as a deep conditioning treatment transforming dry, brittle, and damaged hair to smooth and lustrious.
4. Lay off the heat. We can be so quick to pick up an iron on a daily basis. Running our hair between those hot plates is taking the moisture out our hair. So minimize your iron use and keep it below 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Go Ionic! Ion blow dryers dries hair from the outside. Traditional dryers dry from within the hair shaft to the outer layer. The ion blow drying helps retain moisture and drys hair faster.