With spring underway and summer around the corner, it’s our favorite time of year for bold bright looks. Bold color doesn’t have to stop at your wardrobe. Check out my makeup tutorials on Refinery29's beauty Channel, Short Cuts, showing you two ways to incorporate summer brights into your makeup routine.
Orange you glad we posted this? Here’s a fun orange look that looks great on darker skin tones.
1. Apply orange eyeshadow to entire lid.
2. On top of orange shadow, apply pink to center.
3. Apply mascara.
4. Fill in the lip with red liner.
5. Top with lipstick.
orange eye: MAKE UP FOR EVER aqua rouge
pink eye: Stella convertible color - gladiola
Stella convertible color - gladiola
lip: MAC Cosmetics Cherry liner
color: so Chaud lipstick
Warning: Not suitable for kissing! But this bold gradient lip will be sure to turn heads. It's like cotton candy on your lips!
1. Apply pink lip gloss to the bottom right lip and top left lip.
2. Blend toward the center.
3. Apply blue lip color to the top left and bottom right corners of lips.
4. Apply purple as a bridge between the colors on each lip.
Pink: candy yum yum MAC Cosmetics
Blue: MAKE UP FOR EVER- c603
Purple: heroin MAC Cosmetics
I'm wearing Indique Pure Curly 24".