The BET Awards aired this past Sunday and Fluff is here with a full recap. The Annual presentation was full of performance by artists including Nicki Minaj, H.E.R, Yolanda Adams, Migos and many more. The award show was filled fashion, activism, black girl magic and great hair.
First things first let’s start with the Red Carpet, there were so many Fluff worthy looks:
Janelle Monae graced the red carpet with PRIDE wearing a Nicolas Jebran gown displaying every color of the rainbow. We can always count on Ms. Monae to make a statement.
There is no age limit on being a trendsetter. A Wrinkle in Time star Storm Reid dawned the Red carpet in a Reem Acra two-piece set looking stylish and fun.
A Fluff Favorite, Tika Sumpter rocked a green Misonni dress with a blunt cut bob.
Then there was the British singer Ella Mae who wore a sleek black ensemble for her BET Awards debut and we are here for it. Her hair (provided by Indique Hair) was styled by Kahh Spence and it looked fab!
The theme of the show was definitely Black Excellence, it was for sure a celebration. The show was open and hosted by multitalented superstar Jamie Foxx. There were guest appearances from stars like Tiffany Haddish, Micheal B. Jordan, John Legend and Anita Baker the 2018 BET Awards was really a family reunion.
Fluff has put together a list of must-see moments from the award show:
• The first live performance of Big Bank including 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Nicki Minaj and YG
• Offset, 1/3 of Migos rap group thanked his wife Cardi....yes they are married now.
• Nicki Minaj put on a sultry show while performing both hit singles "Chun-Li" and “Rich Sex"
• SZA won the Best New Artist award which she was pleasantly surprised about and extremely gracious
• Wakanda Forever! The Black Panther and its movie cast continued to collect awards
• Jaime Foxx utilized his platform to speak on both XXXTentacion and Jimmy Wopo's untimely deaths
• H.E.R stole the show with her performance with Daniele Cesar. She played several instruments during her set and sang beautifully
• Ella Mai amazed us all with her performance of the No. 1 hit "Boo'd Up!"
It was the 25th Anniversary of “Doggy Style” and Snopp Doog performed his debut album. He rapped hits from his gospel album as he stood behind a pulpit with a full choir. He closed out the show by taking the audience to church. If this recap had you yearning to see the 2018 BET Awards in its entirety be sure to catch the encore airing June 26th at 7 pm eastern time.
The BET Award winners are listed below:
Best Male R&B/Pop Artist Award-Bruno Mars
Best Group Award-Migos
Best Collaboration Award - DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller “Wild Thoughts”
Best Male Hip Hop Artist Award-Kendrick
Best Female Hip Hop Artist Award-Cardi B
Video of the Year Award-Drake “God’s Plan”
Video Director of the Year Award-Ava Duvernay
Best New Artist Award-SZA
Dr. Bobby Jones Best Gospel/Inspirational Award- Lecrae feat. Tori Kelly “I’ll Find You”
The Best International Act Award-Davido (Nigeria)
Best Actress Award-Tiffany Haddish
Best Actor Award-Chadwick Boseman
Young Stars Award-Yara Shahidi
Best Movie Award-Black Panther
Sportswoman of the Year Award -Serena Williams
Sportsman of the Year Award-LeBron James
Album of the Year Award- DAMN. By Kendrick Lamar
BET Her Award -Mary J. Blige “Strength of a Woman”
Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award-Cardi B “Bodak Yellow”
Lifetime Achievement Award-Anita Baker
Shine and Light Award-Brittany Packnett