Let's talk about why peaches are perfect! Not only do they taste good, (cobbler is the best, yum) but did you know that they have amazing health and beauty benefits? Don't believe us, take a look for yourself and see why peaches are one of the most versatile fruits available.
Peaches are rich in iron and vitamin K: vitamin K prevents blood clotting, and iron is used to form red blood cells. It keeps your blood healthy and prevents anemia which occurs due to iron deficiency. Peaches also help in the removal of toxins from your system. The high content of potassium and fiber reduces the risk of stomach ulcers, inflammation, and kidney related diseases.
Mental Health Benefits:
Peaches are known to relieve stress and anxiety. In Hungary, peaches are referred to as the fruit of calmness, due to its aid in restoring calmness. As a bonus, it is beneficial for treating restlessness.
Peaches are packed with hydrating potassium and lutein, which promotes taut, supple and glowing skin. Peach is an ingredient used in anti-aging face masks, it tightens the skin’s pores and rejuvenates tired skin.
Here is a new beauty regimen to try: The Peach & Yogurt Mask
1. Mash two ripe peaches into a paste.
2. Mix in a cup of plain yogurt.
3. Apply to the skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water.
5. Towel dry and follow up with your regular moisture regimen.
Do you suffer from itchy or dry scalp? Want softer, shinier hair? You can apply the peach and yogurt mask to your hair.
Steps to Applying the Peach & Yogurt Mask to You Hair:
1. Apply to mask to your hair, concentrating on the roots.
2. Put on a cap and let the mask sit for about 20 minutes.
3. Rinse out thoroughly with warm water
4. Follow up with your regular shampoo and conditioner regimen.
Your hair will thank you later! You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to three to five days.